Pages

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Aldi's Super 6

This week Aldi has it's Super 6 out for 29p each.

Items

  1. Iceberg Lettuce
  2. Cucumber
  3. Spring Onions
  4. Beetroot
  5. Salad Tomatoes
  6. Celery
Quite an odd S6 for mid-winter, however they're also doing the New Year resolution style health and fitness special buys, so I guess it ties in with that.

I'm planning on using my S6 buys in a variety of things.  Salad lunch boxes for work, cucumber and celery sticks for the eldest son who takes a packed lunch to school, smoothie additions, side salads and in vegetable soups.  I make it a rule that I mainly buy my fruit and veg from the S6, however I've had to top up my potatoes this week.  We have a lot of fruit from last week's shop which means I didn't need more this week.

Next week might be tough as usually the S6 only changes once a fortnight.  It will certainly feel strange having a Sunday roast with a side salad, so I might need to pick up some extra veg for steaming.
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com